Beer and Theology Cambridge
by Graham Kings
Date added: 13/12/2020
Beer and Theology Cambridge
Dates, Speakers and Subjects
First Friday of the Month 6.30-8.00pm on Zoom
In 2020, I founded 'Beer and Theology Cambridge' (@BeerTheologyCam), an informal seminar, which meets on the first Friday of the month on zoom (6.30pm-8.00pm) and is based at The Other Side bar, on the south bank of the River Cam, opposite Chesterton, Cambridge.
Two items on the agenda: drink beer (or another preference); discuss theology.
It is co-sponsored by Fulcrum, the Cambridge Centre for Christianity Worldwide and Ekklesia. It is a branch of the original Beer and Theology London, the details of which are here.
It is open to all. For a zoom invitation, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The future dates, speakers and subjects for 2021 are:
9. Fri 3 Sept 2021, Dr Elaine Storkey, (author of Women in a Patriarchal World and broadcaster), 'Seasons of Myths and Bellowed Fruitlessness'.
10. Fri 1 Oct 2021, Simon Barrow, (Director of Ekklesia), 'Against the Religion of Power'.
11. Fri 3 Dec 2021, Esslie Hughes, (Chief of Finance and Operations, Episcopal Diocese of New York), 'Spirituality and Economics'.
The future dates, speakers and subjects for 2022 are:
12. Fri 4 Feb 2022, Revd Dr Jeremy Morris (Master, Trinity Hall, Cambridge), title tbc. 13. Fri 4 Mar 2022, Silvia Dimitrova, (Artist and Icon writer, Bath), 'Art: Sacred and Secular'. 14. Fri 6 May 2022, Clare Amos (Dir of Discipleship, Diocese of Europe), 'Transfiguring Theology'.
15. Fri 1 July 2022, Charlotte Gauthier (PhD candidate, Royal Holloway College, London) title tbc
16. Fri 2 Sept 2022 tba
17. Fri 7 Oct 2022, Hannah Swithinbank (Ordinand, Westcott House, Cambridge), title tbc
Previous dates, speakers and subjects:
1. Fri 2 Oct 2020, Sam Richardson (CEO, SPCK), 'Digital Age: Theological Publishing'.
2. Fri 6 Nov 2020, Dr Jenny Leith, (Encounter Co-ordinator, Cambridge Centre for Christianity Worldwide), 'Racism: Conviction of Sin'.
3. Fri 4 Dec 2020, Revd Dr Muthuraj Swamy, (Director, Cambridge Centre for Christianity Worldwide), 'Esau's Magnanimity: Dialogue Directions'.
4. Fri 5 Feb 2021, Dr Jennifer Wallace, (Fellow and Director of Studies in English, Peterhouse, Cambridge), 'Witnessing Tragedy'.
5. Fri 5 Mar 2021, Canon Dr Gordon Giles, (Canon Chancellor, Rochester Cathedral), 'Hymns: Ancient and Modern'.
6. Fri 7 May 2021, Dr Cathy Ross, (Head of Pioneer Mission Leadership, Church Mission Society), 'Mission: Adventure of the Imagination'.
7. Fri 4 June 2021, Revd Prof Jeremy Begbie, (Professor of Theology and the Arts, Duke University), 'Pneumatology at the Piano'.
8. Fri 2 July 2021, Revd Dr Matthias Grebe, (Associate Vicar, St Edward King and Martyr, Cambridge) 'Revisiting the Problem of Evil'.